Tuesday, November 25, 2014

2014 November 25 - Morning Manna

There is an evil which I have seen under the sun, and it is common among men: A man to whom God hath given riches, wealth, and honour, so that he wanteth nothing for his soul of all that he desireth, yet God giveth him not power to eat thereof, but a stranger eateth it: this is vanity, and it is an evil disease (Ecclesiastes 6:1-2).

Today's Morsel:  Every day I hear of some evil that has taken place in the world.  We even list men and women as being evil.  We say that the person has an evil spirit.  But Solomon said that there is an evil common among men and it is an evil disease.   He said that evil is a man to whom God hath given riches, wealth, and honour, so that he wants nothing for his soul.  When a man has riches and wealth, he often times does not see his need for Christ.  His trust is in his wealth.  He does not consider that his soul will be lost.  His riches, wealth,  and honor can give him a sense of self-pride and self-security.  James ask, "What doth it profit a man to gain the whole world and to lose his soul."  And Paul said that the love of money is the root of all evil.  Job said, "If I have made gold my hope, or have said to the fine gold, Thou art my confidence; If I rejoiced because my wealth was great, and because mine hand had gotten much; If I beheld the sun when it shined, or the moon walking in brightness; And my heart hath been secretly enticed, or my mouth hath kissed my hand: This also were an iniquity to be punished by the judge: for I should have denied the God that is above" (Job 31:24-28). Remember, your soul is more important than riches, wealth, and honor.

Sing:  Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of this earth will go strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.

Thought for Today: Remember, your soul is more important than riches, wealth, and honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment