Friday, November 9, 2012

2012 November 9 - Morning manna

And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits"(Daniel 11:32).
Today's Morsel: So many people seem to be despondent these days. Hopelessness seems to be running rampet. Even in the church, despondency seems to take up the front row seating. The cry seems to be, "Why me?" "Lord help me!" and "I can't believe it"! These expressions seem to drive people's prayer lives. It seems to be gloom, despair and agony on me. Many don't seem to know where to turn. It seem as though they have run right into a brick wall and can't turn around. People are looking for answers and it seems as though God has shut the door. Is this the fulfillment of scriptures when King Solomon wrote, "Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets: She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying, How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me" (Proverbs 1:20-28). Are these the times that try men souls? Are these the times that cause us to search ourselves, prove ourselves, and determine who we are in Christ? You see, when things are going good, most Christians skip over the scriptures that give warnings and instructions on how to endure hardness as a good soldier. They don't see a need to hide the word in their hearts. And so when trials come, they aren't aware of what is written and then they struggle to get through the day and fear what lies ahead for tomorrow. They have failed to prepare. But when we know our God, Daniel said, we shall be strong and do exploits.
Sing: He leadeth me! He leadeth me! By His own hand He leadeth me; His faithful follower I will be, For by His hand He leadeth me.

No comments:

Post a Comment