Tuesday, November 13, 2012

2012 November 14 - Morning Manna

Whoso keepeth the fig tree shall eat the fruit thereof: so he that waiteth on his master shall be honoured. (Proverbs 27:18)


Today's Morsel: People that work with plants are involved in horticulture. Horticulture is the interaction between plants and people. It is both an art and a science. It can be a career, a lifestyle, or a seasonal job. Horticulturists work on improving, cultivating, and using plants, flowers, trees, and shrubs. It's a hands-on job where you'll get dirt under your fingernails and breath in fresh air every day. Many of Jesus' parables dealt with farming and being a horticulturist. These earthly parables had a heavenly meaning. When Jesus talked of pruning the tree so it could bring forth more fruit, He was speaking about being a horticulturist. When He spoke of reaping the harvest, He was speaking of farming. Both of these professions are tedious and dirty work. The same holds true when seeking to win the lost. It's tedious and often times dirty work, but if you want a harvest you have to stick with it. Solomon said, "Whoso keepeth the fig tree shall eat the fruit thereof: so he that waiteth on his master shall be honoured." He spake this parable also; "A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down"(Luke 13:6-9). Apparently someone had not taken care of the tree because there was no fruit. So the owner said cut it down. When a horticulturist cares for the fruit trees, they get to enjoy the fruit from it. The same concept is true when we wait (minister) for Jesus. We will be honored. Jesus said, "Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples"(John 15:8). Every born again believer should be excited about hearing Jesus say, "Well done thy good and faithful servant, enter the joy that was prepared for you." How's your fig tree?


Sing: When He calls me, I will answer. When He calls me, I will hear. When He calls me, I will answer, I'll be somewhere working for my Lord. I'll be somewhere working, I'll be somewhere working, I'll be somewhere working for my Lord; I'll be somewhere working, I'll be somewhere working, I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment