Tuesday, November 13, 2012

2012 November 13 - Morning Manna

"And of Asher he said, Let Asher be blessed with children; let him be acceptable to his brethren, and let him dip his foot in oil. Thy shoes shall be iron and brass; and as thy days, so shall thy strength be" (Deuteronomy 33:24-25)


Today's Morsel: During this entire year here in the Wisconsin District, our focus has been on the prayer of Asher. Our Superintendent felt led of God to break this prayer into five areas: The Blessing of God; The Anointing of God; Unity in the Church; Apostolic Authority and Dominion; and Soul Winning. When he gave us the vision for the year and how we were to carry it out, I felt led of God to write out prayer guidelines for the church and Section I oversee. God has really blessed our churches and District through this great and wonderful prayer initiative.  Luke tells us that Jesus said, "And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint" (Luke 18:1). And Paul told Timothy, "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth" (1 Timothy 2:1-4). The Lord is serious about us praying. He told Solomon, "I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice. If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:12-14). Someone said, "Talking to man about God is one thing, but talking to God about man is another." I promise you, if you begin your day with prayer, things are going to turn out just fine.


Sing: Are you weary, are you heavy laden? Tell it to Jesus, tell it to Jesus; are you grieving over joys departed? Tell it to Jesus alone. Tell it to Jesus, tell it to Jesus, He is a friend that's well known; You have no other such a friend or brother, tell it to Jesus alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment