Wednesday, November 28, 2012

2012 November 28 - Morning Manna

According to thy name, O God, so is thy praise unto the ends of the earth: thy right hand is full of righteousness. (Psalms 48:10)
Today's Morsel: One of the customs and courtesies that as a soldier we all had to learn and know was where does the senior person walk. And the answer was, always to the right. The one to the right is the one with authority and power. Jesus said, "Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God" (Luke 22:69). Jesus isn't sitting at the right hand of the Father, He is sitting in the position of honor. He will be sitting in the position of authority and power. Scripture tells us that God will not give His glory to another ( Isaiah 42:8); and this is why John only saw one sitting on the throne in heaven. The psalmist said that the right hand of God is full of righteousness. He goes on to say, "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore" (Psalms 16:11). John tells us, "Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous" (1 John 3:7). Because God is full of righteousness, John said that when we do righteousness we too are righteous. And our righteousness determines who we belong to (1 John 3:10). Paul lets us know that the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost (Romans 14:17). If we say that we have the Holy Ghost, then we should be living right and doing right. Jeremiah said, "In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness" (Jeremiah 33:16). The New Jerusalem, the city of God, is going to be the city of righteousness because sin cannot enter there. Where will you dwell?
Sing: Tell me whose side are standing on? Standing on the Lord's side. Tell me whose side are standing on? Standing on the Lord's side.
I stand! I stand! I stand ! I stand! Standing on the Lord's side. I stand! I stand! I stand ! I stand! Standing on the Lord's side.

No comments:

Post a Comment