Friday, November 16, 2012

2012 November 16 - Morning Manna

" I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me" (Psalms 39:1)

Today's Morsel: I can remember that my Dad used to always have two types of bits for the bridles that we used on our mules for farming. One set was straight while the other was in two pieces. The straight one were used on the mules that weren't obedient and didn't do what they were told. While the one with the two pieces was used for the mules that weren't obedient. The bit that was in two pieces and would pinch the mules tongue if they disobeyed the commands given them. But I noticed that it wasn't very long before they learned their lesson to obey. And also, at the end of the bridle sometimes when plowing beginner corn, when it was only about ten inches off the ground, my Dad would put a muzzle over the mules' mouth to prevent them from eating the corn. David said I will keep my mouth with a bridle while the wicked is before me. In other words, I will choose my words carefully. In a sense, he's saying, I'll put a muzzle over my mouth so as not to utter the wrong thing. His son Solomon wrote, "He that hath knowledge spareth his words: and a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit. Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding" (Proverbs 17:27-28). Always remember, God gave you two ears and one mouth. Therefore, we should listen more than we talk. The best way to win an argument is to be quiet.
Sing: Hush! Hush! Somebody's talking. I said, hush! Hush! Somebody's talking. I said, Hush! Hush! Somebody's talking, and it just might be the words of Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment