Friday, November 2, 2012

2012 November 2 - Morning Manna


For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! (Romans 10:13-15)


Today's Morsel: I got this magazine the other day and within it was a page to order some slipper socks. The caption said, "Your feet never had it so good!" And I thought to myself, how do they know what my feet never had, I take care of my feet! How do they know if my feet are having a bad day or a good day! As much as I'm on my feet, they are probably having more bad days than good ones. They are probably saying let's take a break. When I was living in Asia, one of my highlights in going to Taiwan and Thailand was the foot massages. There is nothing like a good foot massage when your feet are tired. Just to have those dogs soaked and rubbed cannot be explained. Paul said, "How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" Why did he say beautiful are the feet of those that preach the gospel? I haven't seen too many pairs of feet that I would classify as beautiful. LOL In olden times, like in war, runners were used to deliver messages. If the message was favorable, it brought joy and delight and their feet were called beautiful. So when one brings the gospel message of Jesus Christ, even though his feet may be totally filthy from the dusty road they travel, the message being carried by him of salvation and the delivering power of Jesus Christ makes those feet beautiful. You don't have to paint your toe nails to try to make your feet beautiful, just preach the gospel. 


Sing: Go tell it on the mountain, over the hills and everywhere. Go tell it on the mountain that Jesus Christ is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment