Wednesday, November 21, 2012

2012 November 21 - Morning Manna

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
Today's Morsel: Have you ever been over to a friend's house to eat and the food just ain't no good? I mean the macaroni is soggy, the cheese is all musty, and the chicken tastes like wood. So you say "That's it, I'm going to leave this place, I don't care what these people think, I'm just sitting here making myself nauseated by this southerly food that stinks." And you leave without being thankful. Thanksgiving is an expression or an act of giving thanks. It is our gratitude for something rendered to us, or done for us regardless of what the food may look, smell, or taste like. Thanksgiving seems to be going away from so many. The practice of a Thanksgiving Dinner in the home, that time where people sit and converse about the year, has now turned into "hurry up let's eat because the football game is on." And when your favorite team loses, your whole day is shot and you saw nothing to be thankful for. Not even your darling wife or husband, mother, or daughter who went out of their way to make you happy. A sure sign of unhappiness is a lack of gratitude in one's life. Gratitude can change your life while a spirit of ingratitude can destroy it. Meister Eckhart said, “If the only prayer you said in your whole life was “thank you” that would suffice.” Simply giving thanks. It’s amazing how one simple, easy, good action can change so much in a person’s life. One of the things that has had the biggest effects on my life is the realization of the power of gratitude. My parents always taught us to say "Thank you." Anytime someone did or gave you something to us, whether you liked what they gave or not, we knew to say "Thank you". It has affected everything in my life. It has made me a better person, and I believe, a more productive person. A better achiever. A better husband, father, son and brother, at least, I like to think so. I know it has made me a happier person. I’m not perfect, but gratitude has made me better. Can it change your life? I can guarantee you it will if we will practice it. Part of us developing and reaching perfection in our lives is that we first learn how to be thankful and give thanks. Y ou may not get the exact same benefits and results that I have received, but there’s no doubt in my mind that the simple act of gratitude on a regular basis will change anyone’s life. I can't think of to many other changes that can claim to be that quick, that easy, and that profound. Paul said, "In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." If it's God's will, are you in His will?
Sing: Give thanks with a grateful heart, give thanks to the Holy One, give thanks for He's given Jesus Christ His son; Give thanks with a grateful heart, give thanks to the Holy One, give thanks for He's given Jesus Christ His son;
Chorus: And now, let the weak say I am strong, let the poor say I am rich, because of what the Lord has done for us; And now, let the weak say I am strong, let the poor say I am rich, because of what the Lord has done for us;
Give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment