Monday, November 5, 2012

2012 November 5 - Morning Manna

" As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God? When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance"(Psalms 42:1-5)


Today's Morsel: I was once asked the question, how does a person get through what they are going through. A very good question. Sometimes it depends on what you are going through. Other times, you may just need to exercise total restraint and total reliance upon God. The best way to get through what you are going through or may face is preparation. When I was in the army, all my training was for war should it come. We prepared in advance so that we would be ready for the unexpected should it arise. When we prepare in advance we are training ourselves to take on the battle should it come into our area. This is one of the reasons Paul told Timothy to study (2 Timothy 2:15). When we study God's word and apply it to ourselves we are preparing ourselves. When he told the church to put on the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18), he was saying be prepared. Prior proper planning always prevents poor performance. I think David may have said it best when he penned, "I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD" (Psalms 27:13-14). David was always ready. As one priest told Absalom, David's son, when he was trying to steal the kingdom, your father is a man of war. In other words, your father is prepared and he understands strategy. So when you are going through things, put your training into action and just wait on the Lord and He'll lead you through it and bring you out on the other side.


Sing: What a fellowship, what a joy divine, leaning on the everlasting arm; what a blessedness, what a peace is mine, leaning on the everlasting arm.

Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarm; leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment