Friday, November 2, 2012

2012 November 1 - Morning Manna


Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. (Habakkuk 3:17-19)




Today's Morsel: How do you handle those me times? You know those times when everything is all about me. The meal isn't right so I get mad. Someone says something I don't like and I get a little upset. I pray and God doesn't seem to answer and so I think about quitting. I get stuck in a traffic jam when I want to be at home. My friend gets promoted or gets selected for a job over me. You know those times that even though you are a Christian, it troubles you when all people talk about is religion. Those are me times. How do you handle them? If we aren't careful, we can allow me times to push us away from the Lord. When the rich young ruler came to Jesus, it was a me time. And when he didn't hear what he want to hear, he walked away. Jonah also had a me time. God said to go tell Nineveh about their sin, but Jonah chose to take a me time and go the other way.That's how it is with so many folks. When it's about me, it better be Burger King, because I want it my way. But what if God upsets your apple cart and doesn't let you have it your way? Do you pout? Do you get angry? Do you throw a temper tantrum? Do you walk away from the church? Do you start looking for other things to replace church time? You know, Satan is always going to try to get you to have those me times to get you upset. But we must not be ignorant of his tricks. I think Habakkuk helps us and show us how to overcome those me times when hesaid: "Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places." If you really want to have a me time, learn to rejoice, because the Joy of the Lord is your strength.

Sing: Living He loved me, dying He saved me, buried He carried my, sin far away; rising He justified, freed me forever, one day He's coming back, glorious day.

No comments:

Post a Comment