Thursday, November 29, 2012

2012 November 29 - Morning Manna

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus " (Philippians 3:13-14)
Today's Morsel: What comes to your mind when you think of commitment? Commitment is a pledge or an obligation to fulfill a responsibility or duty.
To be committed means to be sold out; dedicated, devout. To be a good saint or employee requires commitment, determination, and dedication. If you are going to be successful in life, you have to have commitment. Commitment is a personal value that ranks right up there with courage, candor, and competence. To be a Christian requires commitment. Commitment has only one "I," and the word "Me." Commitment starts with me. Are you aware that almost everything you do in life requires commitment? To have a strong marriage requires commitment on both husband and wife part. If one is committed to the marriage and the other is not, it will not work. It takes both. To maintain a strong walk with God requires commitment, too. To be a professional in any career requires commitment. Commitment comes from the root word"commit." David said, "Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass" (Psalms 37:5). Commitment is a 24/7 deal. It's a life time process for all. I can stand and tell you all the reasons why you should love the Lord and be at church, but if you have no commitment in yourself to follow through with what I'm telling you, it will do you no good. Ruth is probably the best example of commitment in the Bible next to Jesus and Paul. Paul said, "Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness. Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches. Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?" (2 Corinthians 11:24-29); "But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24). Nothing stopped him. Ruth said to Naomi her mother-in- law, " Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me" (Ruth 1:16-17). She was willing to suffer to complete her vow. Calvary speaks of commitment. Jesus didn't say that everyone that goes to church would be saved. He said that he that endureth to the end shall be saved. That requires commitment on our part. Are you committed to God? Are you willing to continue on in spite of hurt, afflictions, and pain? There is a reward at the end for commitment. Someone once said that there is no discharge in this war.
Sing: I've had many tears and sorrows, I've had questions for tomorrow, there's been times I didn't know right from wrong. But in every situation, God gave me blessed consolation, that my trials come to only make me strong.

Chorus: Through it all, through it all, I've learned to trust In Jesus, I've learned to trust In God. Through it all, through it all, I've Learned to depend upon His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment