Saturday, October 12, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 October 12

Growing Your Measure

 

“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.” (Romans 12:1-3)

 

Today’s Morsel: For us to move on unto perfection and to grow, it requires us to act upon ourselves. Peter admonishes us: “But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.” (2 Peter 3:18) Notice, grow in grace and the knowledge of Jesus. What does that look like for you? For me, it means that I must come to a complete revelation of the truth. I must be complete in Christ. I must be fully persuaded that Jesus is God manifested in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the gentiles, and received back up into glory. I must be fully convinced within myself that the word of God is true and it is infallible. I must be fully persuaded that I am dead to sin, and alive in Christ. And I must do everything in my power to be ready for the coming of the Lord. If we don’t take matters into our own hands to grow, we will struggle in our walk with God. To grow our measure of faith, we must spend time in the Word of God and be at church, as faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.  On a scale of one to ten with ten being highest, where does your faith fall? “And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (2 Peter 1:5-8) There is your assignment for growing your faith. 

 

Sing: This faith that I have the world didn’t give it to me, this faith that I have the world didn’t give it me. This faith that I have, the world didn’t give it to me. The world didn’t give it and the world can’t take it away. 

 

Thought For Today: “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”(Romans 10:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment