Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 October 9

Have You Considered Polishing Up Your Life?

 

“Take away the dross from the silver, and there shall come forth a vessel for the finer.” (Proverbs 25:4)

 

Today’s Morsel: When I was in the Army, one of the worse things a soldier could do was to show up to formation in their dress uniform, and have their brass insignia not shined. They were asking for trouble. They just became a brunt of humiliation and a bad day for their leadership. My wife has some sterling silver silverware, and other items that I need to get polished up for her. Every time I find myself shining it, I always think about my life. I’m always asking myself if there are things in my life that I need to polish up on. Things such as my duty and responsibilities, my ministerial calling, my marriage, the outside of my home, my study of the word of God, following up on my fellow ministers, and am I ready for heaven. I know that the latter may seem last to some, but really it ought to be the first thing that we polish up on and keep it polished. There will be an inspection in heaven you know. “And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. For many are called, but few are chosen.” (Matthew 22:12-14) What will take you from being called of God to being chosen by God is the earnest of your preparation.

 

Sing: Well, I’m getting ready to leave this place, I’m getting ready for those gates of pearl.  Keeping my record right, watching both day and night. Well, I’m getting ready to leave this place. 

 

Thought For Today: “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 5:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment