Friday, October 4, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 October 4

Are You Still Asleep?

“Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.” (1 Thessalonians 5:11)

Today’s Morsel: One of the things about sleepwalking is that the person doesn’t know it unless someone wake them up. I am afraid that too many saints are still asleep. Satan is destroying lives, homes, and nations right before us, and people can’t see it. Paul says: “But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.” (2 Corinthians 4:3-4) People’s minds are blinded. Satan has hood winked them. I’m okay and you are okay does not work with God. Jesus said you must be born again (John 3:3-5), to enter the kingdom of heaven.  And that He will only be a Father unto you if you come out from among them and be ye separated (2 Corinthians 6:17-18). Paul told the church at Corinth: “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.” (1 Corinthians 6:9-10) There is no get out of hell free cards. So, everyone must wake up. 

Sing: When He call me, I will answer, when He call me, I will hear. When He call me, I will answer, I’ll be somewhere listening for my name.

I’ll be somewhere listening, I’ll be somewhere listening, I’ll be somewhere listening for name. I’ll be somewhere listening, I’ll be somewhere listening, I’ll be somewhere listening for my name. 

Thought For Today: “Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.” (Matthew 24:44)

No comments:

Post a Comment