Monday, October 7, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 October 7

Don’t Eat with Offense

 

“For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.” (Romans 14:20)

Today’s Morsel: Culture can be dangerous in soul winning if we are not wise. I knew a man once who went to a foreign country and was going to show everyone that he was not afraid to eat what was placed before him. But to his surprise, the natives saw him eating some things, and they assumed that he was a confused and troubled man, because they said that even some of the things he was eating they themselves wouldn’t even eat. When I was a missionary, no matter what country I went to, they never expected me to eat anything that I didn’t know what I was about to eat. Often, they would explain to me what it was, and relate it to me in English so that I knew what it was. And then they would say to me, would you like to try it first to see if you like it? They didn’t want to offend me with their meat. We know, according to Paul, “For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.” (1 Timothy 4:4-5) But then he tells us,“Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.” (1 Corinthians 8:13) Therefore, we must never think that we are more spiritual than anyone else and do things that may be offensive to others.  We must have the wisdom of Christ if we desire to win the lost.

 

Sing: He’s all I need, He’s all I need, Jesus is all I need; He satisfies, my needs supply. Jesus is all I need.

 

Thought For Today: “It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.” (Romans 14:21) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment