Friday, June 9, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 9 June 2023

Let’s Go on Unto Perfection

“Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will we do, if God permit.” (Hebrews 6:1-3)

Today’s Morsel: Are you 100% satisfied and happy with where you are in your life and walk with Christ? If not, how much time do you spend preparing yourself and taking the steps in making you complete in Him? Sometimes, when I hear folks say that no one is perfect, and they don’t explain it to people, it lets me know that they are not doing anything to get there. I read a book once that said that if you dedicated one hour a day to something that you wanted to do or become, that in five years you would be a professional at it. Perfection must be obtainable by us because Jesus tells us to be perfect even as our Father in heaven is perfect (Matthew 5:48). You may say, but it is impossible. Jesus said that all things are possible to him that can believe. Jesus also said: “Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.” (John 13:13-15) Jesus doesn’t ask us to do or to become something that He Himself has not already given us an example of how to do. Again, scripture tells us: “For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.” (1 Peter 2:21-24) Christ has already modeled these things for us. We can either strive to reach perfection now or miss heaven later. Let me encourage you. The more you obey and do what God’s word says, the quicker you will reach the perfection He is asking of us to become.  

Sing: I’ve got Jesus on the inside working on the outside, oh what a change in my life. I’ve got Jesus on the inside working on the outside, oh what a change in my life. I’ve got Jesus on the inside working on the outside, oh what a change in my life, oh what a change in my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment