Thursday, June 22, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 22 June 2023

Do You Have The Answer?

“Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge. For it is a pleasant thing if thou keep them within thee; they shall withal be fitted in thy lips. That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee. Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?” (Proverbs 22:17-21)

Today’s Morsel: One of the things that I learned as a pastor is that when it comes to religious things, people expect you to have the answer to their questions. But sorry to say, sometimes I do not have their answer readily available, and I must tell them, sorry, I don’t know at this very moment, but I will get back to you.  It would be nice to have all the answers, but there are some questions that do require some research. Solomon, tells us: “Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.” (Proverbs 4:7) I’ve come to realize that all of life’s answers are in the Word of God. There is nothing hidden from Him that he hasn’t already given an answer. We just need to research His word and find it. For example, before Columbus sailed in search of a new world, there, were many who thought that the earth was flat and that they would fall off. But if they had read the book of Isaiah, they would have seen that the earth was round. “It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth...” (Isaiah 40:22). Often in scripture when they would ask Jesus a question, He would say, “Have you not read?” This lets us know that the answers to our questions are there, but research is required.  When someone asks me who was God talking to when He said let us make man in our image, I tell them wisdom. Scripture says: “The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men. Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways. Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not. Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD. But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.” (Proverbs 8:22-36) It’s not good that the soul is without knowledge. 

Sing: At the cross, at the cross, where I first saw the light, and the burden of my heart rolled away, rolled away; it was there by faith, I received my sight, and now I am happy all the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment