Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 28 June 2023

God Knows What is In Your Heart

“Hell and destruction are before the LORD: how much more then the hearts of the children of men?” (Proverbs 15:11)

Today’s Morsel: I’m sure you’ve heard the story about the lad that went to the doctor and the doctor told him that he needed to listen to his heart. The lad said, that’s fine, but Jesus is in there. The doctor was stunned and said, What do you mean? The lad said, I have Jesus in my heart because He said that He would take up residence in me.  If you could see what was in your heart would you be surprised? Well, there is a way that you can see inside your heart. James tells us that God’s word is like a mirror, and it reveals to us who we are and what we should do. Jesus said that our heavenly Father even knows the number of hairs on our head. Nothing is hidden from God. David understood that God knew all things and so he prayed: “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” (Psalms 139:23-24). He also prayed: “Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom... Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.” (Psalms 51:6, 10) In every prayer, we should seek God for cleansing of our heart, because our heart can is deceptive and desperately wicked.

Sing: Cleanse my heart O’ God, make it ever true, cleanse my heart O’ God may I be like You.


No comments:

Post a Comment