Thursday, June 29, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 29 June 2023

Stop Making Everything About You

“The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.” (Proverbs 14:14)

Today’s Morsel: Some folks think that everything ought to be about them. They want the front-row seat. They want to be seated on the platform. They want to travel in first class. They don’t like waiting in line for a meal or for an appointment. It’s all about them and no one else. And some of these folks, when they are brought down to reality, go into depression and sickness. Life isn’t always about you. Life is about Jesus Christ and Him crucified. Solomon states that a good man is satisfied from himself. In other words, he’s figured out that it’s better to take the low road of humility than the high road of pride. The Psalmist said: “But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped...“Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end. Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction. How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors. As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.” (Psalms 73:2, 17-20) God has no problem with pulling the rug out from under your feet in front of others. Ask me how I know. Humble pie doesn’t really taste that good. You never want to be like the rich man in hell, who realizes that he now needs Lazarus, but there is no way he can get to him. Stay humble. Life is always better and more beautiful when you are led by the Spirit and not the flesh.

Sing: I’ve got Jesus on the inside working on the outside, oh what a change in my life. I’ve got Jesus on the inside working on the outside, oh what a change in my life. I’ve got Jesus on the inside working on the outside, oh what a change in my life, oh, what a change, in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment