Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 4 October 2022

 I’m Just Getting Started

“The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him, Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee. And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.” (Luke 13:31-32)

 

Today’s Morsel: If there has ever been a time that the church should be the light for the whole world to see, it ought to be now. People are looking for the way, the truth, and the life. They are lost. People often tease me about retiring three times (I have retired from the military, from Global Missions, and from being a pastor), but I just tell them that there is no discharge in this war. I’m just getting started. And if the Lord continues to give me health and strength, wisdom, and knowledge, to do His will, each day is a new day to do something great for the kingdom. When they told Jesus that Herod would kill Him, Jesus said, “Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.” Jesus said to tell him I’m just getting started. What about you? Are you ready to quit and retire? I don’t find the word ‘retire’ in scripture where it means to stop working. In scripture, the word often means to take heart, be strengthened, and play the man.  Jesus simply says, come apart and rest a while. I’ve had my rest, now it’s time to get back to work. I’m just getting started.  How about you?


Sing: Jesus use me, oh Lord don’t refuse me, for sure there’s a work that I can do.  And even though it’s humble Lord help my will to crumble.  Though the cost be great I’ll work for You.

 

Thought For Today:And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.(Luke 9:62)

No comments:

Post a Comment