Saturday, October 8, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 8 Oct 2022

 It’s A New Generation

“I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only. O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works. Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.” (Psalms 71:16-18)

 

Today’s Morsel: As I get older, I see the importance of sharing with this new generation the righteousness of God. Many young people seem to struggle today in their walk with God because they are not given an understanding at the earliest age of the ways of Christ and who He is. Everything in your life flows from the knowledge of who Christ is. If you never learn this, you are going to struggle in your walk with Christ and being a Christian. I don’t care who you are. Their little minds are inundated at the earliest stage with superhero figures, games, sports, gadgets, and fast food. The righteousness of Christ isn’t mentioned until they are 6 or 7 years old, and then we expect them to just turn on a dime and change. It doesn’t work that easily. Jesus told the religious leaders that once a person is converted the wrong way, he is made twice the child of hell (my word and emphasis). Children must be trained up in the way they should go. As Moses told the new generation of the Children of Israel, “For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt. Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations; And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face.” (Deuteronomy 7:6-10) We are dealing with a new generation, and we must spend time with them, so they understand what the Lord's requirements are for them.  And so they understand at the earliest age who Jesus is. 

 

Sing: Are you past the point of weary? Is your burden weighin' heavy? Is it all too much to carry? Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus, Do you feel that empty feeling? 'Cause shame's done all its stealin' And you're desperate for some healin', Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus.

He makes a way where there ain't no way, Rises up from an empty grave, Ain't no sinner that He can't save,  Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus.  His love is strong and His grace is free, And the good news is I know that He can do for you what He's done for me, Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus.

And let my Jesus change your life. … Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Amen, Amen


Thought For Today: “And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.” (Acts 2:40)

No comments:

Post a Comment