Monday, October 31, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 31 October 2022

 Is My Heart Okay

“He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.” (Proverbs 28:26)

 

Today’s Morsel: We hear a lot about people today with heart issues. And now when most people go to the doctor for chest pains, they are thinking that something is wrong with their heart. So, they become concerned if their heart is okay. But when it comes to scripture, Jesus isn’t concerned with that piece of flesh in your chest. He’s concerned with the way we think and conduct ourselves because out of our hearts proceed the issues of life. Isaiah says that God will keep us in perfect peace if our mind is stayed on Him: because we trust in Him. (My wording) (Isaiah 26:3). Daily we must examine our hearts to ensure that we are not trusting in things that can lead us astray and cause us real heart problems. Like lust, pride, evil communications, and sin.  Always know that if our heart fails us, God is greater than our heart and can restore us to the newness of life if we come to Him.

 

Sing: The windows of heaven are open, God's power is falling tonight, there’s joy, joy, joy in my heart since Jesus made everything right.  I gave Him my old, tattered garments, He gave me a robe of pure white, I’m feasting on manna from heaven, and that’s why I’m happy tonight.

 

Thought For Today“Burning lips and a wicked heart are like a potsherd covered with silver dross.” (Proverbs 26:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment