Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 25 October 2022

Your Tears Might Not Be Working Like They Use To


Jesus wept. (John 11:35)

 

Today’s Morsel: Throughout scripture the writers often mention Jesus weeping and crying. He was often moved with compassion for the lost and those who were suffering because of the wrong done to them. Yet today, I am afraid that folks’ tears are no longer working like they use to. I attend funerals, and few if any tears are seen. I see people praying with people, and few if any tears are seen. I see our nation on its way to hell, and few if any tears are seen being poured out for her. I see young kids being murdered, raped, and abused by drug dealer, pedophiles, and parents, and we see few if any tears falling from faces, few seeking God for help. We see divorce, abuse, injustice, and yet few or no tears. Why are folks' tears not working as they once did? Jesus said it is because of the hardness of hearts. Paul said it is: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.(Romans 1:21-23) Are your tears working the way that they use to work?


Sing: Hear my cry Oh God, attend unto my prayer, from the ends of the earth will I cry unto Thee.  And when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I, so much higher than I.

 

Thought For Today: “They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.” (Psalms 126:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment