Thursday, October 27, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 27 October 2022

 Torn Between Two Mortgages

“For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.” (2 Corinthians 5:1)

 

Today’s Morsel: I am afraid that some folks are wasting their money on two mortgages here on earth. Jesus said: “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” (Matthew 6:19-21) People won’t tithe or give offerings because they say that they must make their mortgage payments. But what are they doing about the home that they hope to someday occupy in heaven? Which house is more important to you? This earthly temple or your heavenly temple? You can’t rob God and expect Him to make your mortgage payments for you. Not here on earth nor even in heaven.  We must get our priorities straight.  We must lay up our treasures where we hope to live for eternity.  

 

Sing: There’s a dream, that I dream, of my heavenly, heavenly home; And I know, that I am going there someday, oh yes; In the morning, night or noon, I don’t know, just how soon, that’s why I’m sending, up my timber, every, every, every day.


Thought For Today: Which house is more important to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment