Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 26 October 2022

 To The Rescue

“And when even was come, the ship was in the midst of the sea, and he alone on the land. And he saw them toiling in rowing; for the wind was contrary unto them: and about the fourth watch of the night he cometh unto them, walking upon the sea, and would have passed by them. But when they saw him walking upon the sea, they supposed it had been a spirit, and cried out: For they all saw him, and were troubled. And immediately he talked with them, and saith unto them, Be of good cheer: it is I; be not afraid. And he went up unto them into the ship; and the wind ceased: and they were sore amazed in themselves beyond measure, and wondered. For they considered not the miracle of the loaves: for their heart was hardened.” (Mark 6:47-52)

 

Today’s Morsel: I often wonder about these disciples of Jesus. They were supposed to be expert fishermen, but it seems as though they had never had their boats in the middle of the sea when a major storm arose. But Jesus places them in the middle of the sea, during His training of them, to teach them about having faith in Him and themselves. For our faith to grow, we must learn to trust Jesus no matter where we might find ourselves. We must learn to walk by faith and not by sight. Scripture says that Jesus observed them from the shore until about the 4th watch, and then He went to them walking on the water and got into the ships with them. Jesus won’t leave you nor forsake you. Let me encourage you to see the next trial that you are in as a training session and see what lesson you can learn that may be helpful for the mission that Jesus may send you on.

 

Sing: I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore.  Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more; but the Master of the sea, heard my despairing cry, from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.

Love lifted me, love lifted me, when nothing else could help, love lifted me. Love lifted me, love lifted me, when nothing else could help, love lifted me.

 

Thought For Today: When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour(Isaiah 43:2-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment