Monday, October 10, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 10 October 2022

 Received With Open Arms

“And he said, A certain man had two sons: And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living. And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living. And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want. And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him. And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.”
(Luke 15:11-24)

 

Today’s Morsel:  The story of the Prodigal Son, is a story that relates how Jesus treats each of us when we make up our minds and come home to Him. The Lord isn’t willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. When the prodigal son decided to return home, he probably was not expecting all the excitement and fan fair that was given to him.  For the father to give him the best robe, new shoes, and a signature ring with authority was probably a little bit much to handle. He had already made up his mind to be a servant like others. Jesus said that the angels in heaven rejoiceth over one sinner that repents. The father saw his son in a different light. This is my son, he said, that was lost and is found. He was dead and is alive again. The son was received by his father with open arms.  The same is true with you.  You can never get too far from Jesus that He will not welcome you home with open arms. Just don’t wait too long.

 

Sing: He said come unto me, and I will give you rest, take my yoke upon you, come, and be blessed. For my yoke is easy and my burdens are light, come unto me and be filled with delight.

 

Thought For Today: Home is where the heart is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment