Friday, October 8, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 8 October 2021

 

Left Alone

 

“And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.” (Genesis 32:24)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Sometimes people ask me about my salvation experience, and I always tell them that I was left alone in my hotel room in Kaiserslautern, Germany, and there, I too, like Jacob, met Jesus. As I prayed and tossed and turned all night, Jesus revealed to me through scripture who He was and why I must be baptized in His name.  And when the day broke, I was never the same person again.  When I returned home, I called the missionary that we were attending church under there in Wiesbaden, Germany, and asked him to come to talk with me about baptism.  When he (the missionary) began to walk me through scripture on Jesus’ name baptism, everything that he said was exactly what Jesus had already told me in that hotel room.  It was solid confirmation from the word of God.  And that was 36 years ago, and I have not looked back, nor do I plan to.  Sometimes, we may just need to get alone so that God can talk to us and reveal His purpose to us.  Moses met Him alone on the backside of a mountain at a burning bush. Samuel met Him alone in his bedroom.  David met Him alone at the sheepfold.  Paul met Him on the road to Damascus.  Where did you meet Him?  If you are struggling in your walk with God, with your purpose, and what you feel that God desires to do with your life, why not get alone with Him and allow Him to reveal who He is, and His will and purpose to you.

 

Sing: He touched me! Oh,’ He touched me! And Oh, the joy that filled my soul.  Something happened, and now I know, Jesus touched me and made me whole.

 

Thought For Today:  Why not be still and get alone with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment