Friday, October 22, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 22 October 2021

 A Zeal For Souls

 

“I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing. Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds. For what is it wherein ye were inferior to other churches, except it be that I myself was not burdensome to you? forgive me this wrong. Behold, the third time I am ready to come to you; and I will not be burdensome to you: for I seek not yours, but you: for the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children.” 

(2 Corinthians 12:11-14)

 

Today’s Morsel:  I have heard folks say that all the church wants is their money.  This is not a true statement if it is a true church.  A true church is never all about money if it is founded in the way of righteousness.  It is about people’s eternal salvation and soul.  I do, however, believe that folks ought to give their tithe and offerings to help with the mission of the church, but people ought not to think that that is all the church is about.  Paul told the church at Corinth, “I desired Titus, and with him I sent a brother. Did Titus make a gain of you? walked we not in the same spirit? walked we not in the same steps? Again, think ye that we excuse ourselves unto you? we speak before God in Christ: but we do all things, dearly beloved, for your edifying.(2 Corinthians 12:18-19)  Paul wanted them to know that it wasn’t about money, but they were zealous for their souls. “Behold, the third time I am ready to come to you; and I will not be burdensome to you: for I seek not yours, but you” Paul said.  They wanted them to build their relationship with Christ so that they too could be saved.  Always remember, the mission of the church is souls.  How eager are you to tell someone about Jesus and His resurrection power?  “And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.(Jude 1:22-23)  Jesus came to seek and save the lost.  The church is all about salvation.   

 

Sing:  I’ll stand for Thee dear Jesus, whatever the cost may be; I’ll spread the gospel to the lost each day.  But if it be Thy will Lord, to send me over the sea, I’ll follow Thee, Tho’ death should come my way.

Jesus, use me and O Lord don’t refuse me, for surely there’s a work that I can do.  And even Tho’ it’s humble, Lord, help my will to crumble, Tho’ the cost be great I’ll work for You.

 

Thought For Today:The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.(Proverbs 11:30)

No comments:

Post a Comment