Friday, October 29, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 29 October 2021

 Getting To The Point Of Nevertheless

 

Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder. And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy. Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.(Matthew 26:36-39)

 
Today’s Morsel:  One of the fancies of some saints is that they think that they can’t serve God alone.  I have seen many people who backslide and stop serving God because the kind of church that they grew up in was not where they now found themselves living.  They give no help in advancing the kingdom of God.  They fail to realize that God may be taking them out of their comfort zone so that they can learn and grow and find their purpose in their life.  One of the things that I learned at an early age in my walk with God was, it is a personal relationship between me and Him.  If you feel that you can’t serve God and build your relationship with Him without others, you have missed the whole message on Spiritual Relationship.  There must come a time that you get to the point of Nevertheless.  What do I mean?  I mean that even though others do not worship, give, or praise God, you will. Even if there isn’t a church where you are, you will still praise and worship Him because you love Him; you will study the Word for yourself and continue to grow; you will do whatever you can to start a church where you are.  Getting to the point of nevertheless says that it is not about my will, but about His will.  We must always do what is His will, even though we may have to drink from a bitter cup.  In this He is well pleased.

 

Sing:  I’ll say yes, Lord, yes, to your will and to your way.  I’ll say yes, Lord, yes, I will trust you and obey.  When your spirit speaks to me, with my whole heart I’ll agree; and my answer will be yes, Lord, yes.

 

Thought For Today: When you get to the point of nevertheless, God will give you the desires of your heart (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment