Saturday, October 9, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 9 October 2021

 

Just Do It

 

And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it. And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim. And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it. When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom, And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now. This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.” 

(John 2:1-11)

 

Today’s Morsel:  I often wonder what could be accomplished in the church and how many people’s lives would be so much better if they would just do what God tells them to do.  Jesus calls for us to love, but people refuse to love.  He calls for us to forgive, yet many refuse to forgive.  He tells us to give, and few if any give.  He calls for us to repent, and many refuse to repent.  Why are so many afraid to do what He tells us to do?  Mary told the servants, "Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it."  What he tells you to do, do it.  Jesus tells them to fill the water pots.  And the servants filled them to the brim.  They left no room at the top.  I believe they may have been running over because He told them to fill them.  He told them to draw out and take to the governor of the feast.  And they drew out and carried it to the governor of the feast.  And once the governor tasted the wine, he called for the bridegroom and told him that he had kept the best wine for last.  What would God do through you, His servant, if you did what He commanded you?  “Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God. Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?(Isaiah 43:10-13)  God will work if we, His servants, would do what He tells us to do.

 

Sing:  I’ll say yes, Lord, yes, to Your will and to Your way.  I’ll say yes, Lord, yes, I will trust You and obey.  When Your Spirit speaks to me, with my whole heart I’ll agree, and my answer will be yes, Lord, yes.

 

Thought For Today:And Moses said, Hereby ye shall know that the LORD hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind.(Numbers 16:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment