Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 27 January 2021

 

The Missing Man

 

And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.(Ezekiel 22:30)

 

Today’s Morsel:  When the Air Force loses a pilot due to a crash, at the funeral they will do a flyover formation with a plane missing.  They call it a Missing Man Formation.  Sad to say, the church, the home, and the community are missing a lot of men.  Even God could not find a man to stand in the gap to mend the hedges.  When there is a missing man, the home is left to suffer.  Children are left without a father and a mentor.  Wives are left without their knight in shining armor.  Pastors in the church are left with no one to hold up their arms like Moses had with Aaron and Hur.  Schools are left without any role models for strength, direction, masculinity, adoration, and nobility.  When a man is missing, it falls to the woman to have to lift the heavy load, farm the fields, fight the wars, teach, train the children, and take care of the home front.  Where have all the good men gone?   Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints(Ephesians 6:10-18)  Wars may be fought by machines, but they are won by men!

Sing:  Here I am, Lord, here I am, I give all myself to You, here I am.  Here I am, Lord, here I am, let Your Spirit work through me, here I am.

 

Thought For Today: “If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.(2 Timothy 2:21)

No comments:

Post a Comment