Monday, January 18, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 18 January 2021

 

Let Freedom Ring

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.(John 8:31-36)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Here in America, today we celebrate the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.  Dr. King was not only known for his fight against racial injustice, but also for unfair treatment of all men and women.  When it comes to the gospel, Jesus Christ died, was buried, and rose again so that we could be free and live.  The New Testament church must let freedom ring.  The New Testament church must be a church that preaches the truth so that others may be made free.  Jesus said that once we know the truth, the truth would make us free.  If you do not feel free today, then ask yourself, "Have I obeyed the gospel of Jesus Christ? Have I allowed God’s word to change me?"  You can hear the word of God but if you do not obey what it says, you will remain in bondage.  Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, we can be free at last!

 

Sing:  Once like a bird in prison I dwelt, no freedom from my sorry I felt. But Jesus came and listened to me; glory to God He sat me free. He set me free, yes, He set me free.  He broke the bars of prison for me.  I’m glory bound my Jesus to see.  Glory to God, He set me free.

 

Thought For Today: The gospel will make you free! 

No comments:

Post a Comment