Saturday, January 16, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 16 January 2021

 

Shortcomings

 

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
  
(Luke 6:46)

 

Today’s Morsel:  I think one of my biggest frustrations in the church is with people who say that they are born again Christians and yet they will not do what God’s word tells them to do.  Do not brush me off too quickly here.  And I am not by myself.  Jesus had the same problem and He’s God.  He said to the people, "Why are you calling me Lord, Lord, and do not do the things that I say?"  If God speaks to us through and by His word, and He does, then I must ask myself, am I calling Him Lord and not doing what He is asking of me?  I often wonder if some of the trials that people go through are because they will not do what His word tells them to do.  They keep running to men trying to get an answer, or they ask for prayer and the answer is not forthcoming, because they are not doing what God tells them to do.  When God summoned Samuel about Saul, the Lord said to Him,  “It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the LORD all night.(1 Samuel 15:10-11)  And we see that Saul lost his kingship over Israel, when it could have been established forever.  We should all strive to live our lives so that we do not repent God (and others) when prayers are made for us.  

 

Sing: Jesus be the Lord of all.  Jesus be the Lord of all.  Jesus be the Lord of all, the kingdoms of my heart.

 

Thought For Today:  Do what God commands of you and you’ll never fall short of the things you have need of.

1 comment:

  1. Big Amen. Pastor really has his work cut out for him today.

    ReplyDelete