Friday, January 22, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 22 January 2021

 

Do Not Forget Your Vows

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.
 
(Psalms 116:12-14)

 

Today’s Morsel:  A wife says to her husband whom she had been married to for over 30 years, “Honey, you never tell me that you love me anymore.”  The husband turns and says to her, “I told you when we got married, if I change my mind, I’ll let you know.”  A little humor, yet, that is the way it should be with our vows, oaths, and promises that we make.  We should take them seriously and not just go through the motions.   We should make them and not change our mind.  Why is it that many people when they are going through trials and circumstances that are not favorable, they are quick to make promises or vows to do what is right if they are delivered from the situation, but then they don’t live up to it.  What if the trial or circumstance is from God and it is His way of testing you because you had already vow to Him to serve Him and obey His words?  Solomon states, “Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay. Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands? (Ecclesiastes 5:5-6)  Moses informed the children of Israel, “When thou shalt vow a vow unto the LORD thy God, thou shalt not slack to pay it: for the LORD thy God will surely require it of thee; and it would be sin in thee. But if thou shalt forbear to vow, it shall be no sin in thee.(Deuteronomy 23:21-22)  Are you aware that every time you take communion you are vowing to God to never forget Him and that you will do the things He is asking of you?  The vows that you make will surely test your integrity and character.  Make them and stick with them.  

 

Sing: I love you, I love you, I love you; what more can I say, but that I truly love you.  And I will try to live my life so that it says it, to0.  I love you, I love you, I truly love you.

 

Thought For Today: You can’t be saved without fulfilling your vows.

No comments:

Post a Comment