Saturday, January 23, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 23 January 2021

 

Plant Right Here

And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of: Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father; And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws. And Isaac dwelt in GerarThen Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him.(Genesis 26:2-6, 12)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Why is it that man seems to have no patience?  Why do we feel that we have to have everything right now?  Why have we not developed the trait of patience?  People change jobs because they feel they are not advancing quick enough.  They change jobs because they become angry with those over them.  They change churches because they dislike the pastor's preaching or mannerisms.  They relocate to a different city because they do not like their neighborhood.  And the list could go on and on.  But as born again believers, why have we not developed the trait of patience?  When God sent a famine into the land, everyone was heading down into Egypt.  But God appeared to Isaac and said to him, go not down into Egypt, stay right here and plant right here.  And scripture states that Isaac obeyed and sowed his seed and reaped in the same year one hundred-fold.  Are you aware that every time you move you must start over?  So plant the word of God right where you are and patiently wait to see what God will do.

 

Sing: I lean on You, Lord, I lean on You Lord, for the things that I need I lean on You.  When I don’t know just what to do, I’ve got the faith You’re going to see me through, to supply my every need and I lean on You.

 

Thought For Today:  The only way the seed will grow is to be planted. The only way for you to see it is for you to patiently wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment