Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 12 January 2021

 

Get Him Up Now

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures(1 Corinthians 15:1-4)

 

Today’s Morsel:  The story is told about a visiting minister who came to a holiness church to minister.  As the visiting minister began to minister the word, he was going on telling stories and more stories trying to impress the congregation to get to the point of his message.  But in all of his storytelling he was never saying anything about the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  After about 20 minutes of this going on, from the middle of the church, an elderly sister stood and said, “Get Him up now!”  The minister kept going on with his story, and the elderly sister stood again and said, “Get Him up now!”  The minister wasn’t getting the hint, and so, about 5 minutes later, the elderly sister stood up and start singing, “ I serve a risen Savior He’s in the world today, I know that He is with me, no matter what men say, I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer, and just the time I need Him, He’s always near. He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today, He walks with me, and talks with me, along life's narrow way. He lives! He lives! salvation to impart, you ask me how I know He lives within my heart."  Paul said, "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures."  Get Him up now!  Always lift Jesus up!!

Sing: Alive, alive, alive forever more, My Jesus is alive, alive forever more.   Alive, alive, alive forever more, my Jesus is alive.


Thought For Today: Don’t ever leave Jesus in the tomb when you are preaching or talking to others. 

2 comments: