Saturday, May 11, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 11 May 2019


Dependability

“And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.” 
(Genesis 18:17-19)


Today’s Morsel:  If you were applying for a job, and a question on the application were to ask you how dependable you were, what would be your answer? Some folks would say I don’t know, you would have to ask others.  If we do not know how dependable we are, then we probably aren’t dependable.  God said of Abraham, “For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.”  In other words, God was saying he’s dependable.  He is reliable and I can trust him to do what is asked of him.  Dependability should be one of those traits that is not just obtainable and measurable in your life.  Not by others, but by you.

Sing: Here I am Lord, here I am.  I give all myself to You, here I am.  Here I am Lord, here I am.  Let Your Spirit move through me, here I am.

Thought For Today: Dependability … Trustworthy and reliable (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment