Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 21 May 2019


Beware of Gradualism

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.” (Galatians 1:6-9)

Today’s Morsel:  Gradualism is the slow and gradual change that happens over a somewhat slow time period. The gradual change may be so that others will be accepted, to slowly remove policies or procedures that some do not like, or to increase pricing.  For example, when I was a kid, gasoline was 20 cents a gallon. Now it’s 3 to 5 dollars or more a gallon, depending on where you live.  It didn’t just jump to that price overnight.  It was a gradual increase.  When it is gradually done, folks are more likely to accept it then if it were done all at once.  Paul cautioned the church at Galatia that he marveled that they had moved from the grace of Christ unto another gospel.  You can be sure that it didn’t happen all at once.  It was probably a gradual process. The same is true with people who stop serving God or church hop.  It’s a slow process.  They miss a Sunday here, they miss a Sunday there, and pretty soon they are gone altogether.  Always be aware of the little changes that you see or hear that is coming or taking place. There is probably a bigger end state that will blow your mind.   
  
Sing: Jesus hold my hand, Lord I need Thee every hour,  Through this pilgrim land, protect me by Thy saving power.  Hear my feeble plea, O’ Lord, look down on me.  When I kneel in prayer, I know I'll  You there, blessed Jesus hold my hand.

Thought For Today: Beware of Gradualism (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment