Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 14 May 2019


Get Dominion Over It
“And Esau said unto his father, Hast thou but one blessing, my father? bless me, even me also, O my father. And Esau lifted up his voice, and wept. And Isaac his father answered and said unto him, Behold, thy dwelling shall be the fatness of the earth, and of the dew of heaven from above; And by thy sword shalt thou live, and shalt serve thy brother; and it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck.” (Genesis 27:38-40)

Today’s Morsel:  When Esau sold his birthright to his brother Jacob, he may have just been kidding around. But when he wanted his blessing from his father Isaac, he realized that what he despised was now no longer his.  Sad to say, many people are struggling with past hurts, feelings, and bad mistakes that they made when they were young, that now they just can’t seem to get dominion over them.  Many of them are living in a deep state of depression and just can’t seem to break free. Isaac told Esau that the only way he could overcome was that he needed to get dominion over it.  That would be the only way to remove the heavy burden from off him.  God has given you power through the Holy Ghost and His word to get dominion over whatever is hindering you.  But if you don’t use it and get over what is hindering you it will keep you shackled forever.  You have the power, but you must use it.   

Sing: He gives strength to me, as I worship Him, as my heart is filled with praise.  Jesus breaks the bands, as I raise my hands, He gives glorious victory.

Thought For Today:  You can’t loose with the tools of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment