Saturday, May 4, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 4 May 2019


Letting Go
“And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.” (Matthew 19:16-22)

Today’s Morsel:  Do you have a hard time letting go of things in your life?  If you had to let go of one thing in your life for eternal salvation, what would it be?  We say that we will serve Jesus, but for many, they have a hard time letting go of things, and it hinders their walk. When the rich young rule wanted to know what he needed to do to have eternal life, Jesus told him and he couldn’t let go.  Do you have a hard time letting go? Paul said, “But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.” (1 Timothy 6:6-7) Nothing that we have can go with us to the other side. If we want eternal life, we must not allow anything to separate us from God.

Sing: I’m Yours, Lord, everything I am, everything I’ve got, everything I’m not.  I’m Yours, Lord, try me now and see, see if I can be completely yours.

Thought For Today: “While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18    

No comments:

Post a Comment