Wednesday, March 20, 2013

2013 March 20 - Morning Manna

A Prayer of David. Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy. Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee. Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily. Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. (Psalms 86:1-5)
Today's Morsel: A few Mannas ago, I asked you why you loved the Lord. We should never love God for what He does for us, but rather because of who He is. We should show gratitude for what He does for us. We need to remember that when God forgives, He forgives completely (1 John 1:9-10). What God heals, He brings to wholeness (John 5). And what God restores, He does so without any limitations place upon us (Isaiah 57:18). God doesn't want us to feel that just because He does things for us we have to feel like we've got to do things back for Him. That's not how God works. God does things for us because He loves us. And if we love Him, then we should be willing to share the love that He gives us with others. This is what God desires more than anything else. Jesus said, "Freely you have received freely give" (Matthew 10:8). When we share what God does for us with others, they too will see that He is good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon Him.
Sing: Thy loving-kindness is better than life. Thy loving-kindness is better than life. My lips shall praise Thee, thus will I bless thee, I will lift up my hands unto Thy name.

No comments:

Post a Comment