Friday, March 8, 2013

2013 March 8 - Morning Manna

And the son of an Israelitish woman, whose father was an Egyptian, went out among the children of Israel: and this son of the Israelitish woman and a man of Israel strove together in the camp; And the Israelitish woman's son blasphemed the name of the LORD, and cursed. And they brought him unto Moses: (and his mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan:) And they put him in ward, that the mind of the LORD might be shewed them. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Bring forth him that hath cursed without the camp; and let all that heard him lay their hands upon his head, and let all the congregation stone him. (Leviticus 24:10-14)
Today's Morsel: Often, when I read scripture, I think to myself, WOW. If this was the way it was today, as it was in the day of Moses, a whole lot of folks would be zapped. But I always like to put my spin on the scripture and get enlightenment for myself. When I look at today's passage, the law was if you took the name of the Lord in vain, they were to be stoned. Usually, when people curse, they take the name of the Lord in vain, and God will not hold him guiltless that takets His name in vain. (The second commandment.) So what was the purpose of the stoning? To break the curse. Many folks are living under what they call generational curses. You know, "My dad and mom were alcoholics and so I am and alcoholic." In other words, the trend continues. And so in order to prevent the curse from continuing, God said, stone him. In other words, destroy it. But how? With the rock. What rock? David said, "For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God" (2 Samuel 22:32). Paul said, "Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ" (1 Corinthians 10:1-4). The curse is broken and destroyed by Jesus Christ, the Rock.
Sing: My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus’ blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

Chorus: On Christ the solid Rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand; All other ground is sinking sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment