Tuesday, March 19, 2013

2013 March 19 - Morning Manna

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 5:14-16)
Today's Morsel: How do you burn brightly without burning out? There seems to be a lot of stress, strain, tiredness, and even a sense of 'why continue on' in the church these days. Many Christians seem to be burning out instead of burning bright. Those that once shined so brightly, now seem to be only a flicker. What has happened to them? In many ways, I believe they've lost their "Fun Meter." They don't know how to have fun anymore. They see the work of the Lord as a drudgery instead of fun. When we are excited about what we are doing or being asked to do, it keeps us motivated and willing to devote as much time as we need to get the job done. Paul told King Agripp, "I think myself happy!" (Acts 26:2). Happiness is an attitude of the heart. It's all about how you see yourself. If you see what you are doing as a drudgery, then most likely you are going to become stressed and your light is going to go out. If you never share your faith with someone else, your light is going to go out because you aren't replenishing the oil. The more you share your faith, the brighter you are going to burn. The less you share, the dimmer you are going to become. Jesus said that you don't put a candle under a bushel, you put it on a candlestick so it can give light. If you hide who you are, darkness will soon overtake you. You will start to put TVs in every room of your house. And you will start to think that the bigger the better. Worldly entertainment will be more appealing to you than church services and church events. Your understanding of scriptures will become lost. And the biggest battle you will face will be with yourself, because you will no longer be able to discern good from evil. Solomon said that the spirit of a man is the candle of the Lord searching all the inward parts of the belly (Proverbs 20:27). When you possess a good attitude, you'll be able to eradicate anything not like Christ from your life and you'll burn bright all day long.
Sing: Give me oil in my lamp keep me burning. Give me oil in my lamp I pray. Give me oil in my lamp, keep me burning , burning, keep me burning till the break of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment