Monday, March 11, 2013

2013 March 11 - Morning Manna

"Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD" (Joshua 24:14-15).
Today's Morsel: Game shows such as "Wheel of Fortune" and "Jeopardy" have a time limit that the contestants must give their answers. If their response is not in time, they hear a buzzer that time is up. Meaning they didn't get the answer in on time. I've come to realize that time is up for people who keep blaming their upbringing for their lack of success. That time is us for those who keep lying, cheating, and stealing. For those who keep complaining and murmuring about others and their situations. For those who keeping walking around with low self-esteem, being depressed, with hurt feelings, feel despondent, with a gloom and doom on their face. I even believe that time is up for you to not raise your children the right way. And that time is up for you to not love your spouse the way the Bible says that you should. Time is up for you to not love God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength and your neighbor as yourself. I also believe that times up, for men to not look like, act like and be men; God didn't make you a woman. Time is up, ladies, that you aren't looking like a woman, acting like a woman, and being a woman; God didn't make you a man. Joshua said the time is up for you to decide if you are going to serve God or not. He said, "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve." What's your answer? My answer is easy. "But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
Sing: Lord, I give you my heart, I give you my soul, I live for you alone; Every breathe that I take, every moment I'm awake, Lord have Your way in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment