Monday, March 18, 2013

2013 March 18 - Morning Manna

"Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway"
(1 Corinthians 9:24-27).
Today's Morsel: It has been stated that two of auto racings premier events are the Daytona 500 and the Indianapolis 500. Each race takes roughly three to three and a half hours to complete. It has also been stated that in the last ten years of each race combined, the winner took the checkered flag by an average margin of 1.54 seconds and took home $1,278,813 dollars in first place prize money. The average prize for second place was $621,321 dollars; a difference of $657,492 dollars.
Someone said that second place is the first loser. Isn't it amazing that men are willing to lose their lives traveling in a car at over 200 miles per hour for money, but do nothing to save their souls. Even though a person may enter the winning circle and claim a trophy and a check for money, he really hasn't won the prize. Jesus said, "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" (Matthew 16:25-26) Paul said, "Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway" (1 Corinthians 9:24-27). Paul said that he was running and fighting to win an incorruptible crown and I pray that you are too.
Sing: O' I want to see Him, look upon His face, there to sing forever of His saving grace, on the streets of glory, let me lift my voice, cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment