Tuesday, March 5, 2013

2013 March 4 - Morning Manna

By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil. (Proverbs 16:6)


Today's Morsel: Every so often, I will hear people say that there are no absolutes. What would make someone make such a foolish statement? I walked into my favorite restaurant a few weeks ago, and I had a gift card with $4.38 on it. When the young lady at the register told me that my dinner would be $12.50, I gave her the card and a $20 bill. She looked at me and said, I don't know how to do this. I said, "You are kidding me, right?" And she said, "I haven't been taught how to do this." I felt sorry for her and tried to explain to her what to do without embarrassing her. A few days later, I pulled into a drive-through, the girl at the window tells me my order is $6.37 and when I get to the window, I hand her $6. 57. Six one dollar bills, two quarters, a nickel and two pennies. While passing her the change, one of the pennies fell on the ground. She said, just forget. She took my money and hand me a receipt and said, "Thank you." I said, "No you own me 19 cents change." Again, she was confused and had to get her manger for assitance. I said all that to say, there are some absolutes. Solomon said, "By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil." There is no other way for your sins to be removed and for you to depart from evil. These are both absolutes, because the word of God is forever settled in heaven (Psalms 119:89). "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away" (Matthew 24:35). "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins" Jesus said (John 8:24). Those are absolutes.


Sing: What can wash away my sins? Nothing but the blood of Jesus. What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus. Oh precious is the flow, that makes me white as snow, no other fount I know, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment