Friday, March 15, 2013

2013 March 15 - Morning Manna

But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. (Philippians 3:7-15)
Today's Morsel: Legendary Football Coach, Vince Lombardi, told the members of the Green bay Packers, "If you don't think you're a winner, you don't belong here." What a powerful statement. I think that every pastor should stand up and tell their congregation the same thing. I know I'm going to start to saying it. How many times have we heard that we win because we've read the back of the book? Well, if we know we win, then we should be rejoicing always! Paul said that he counted everything loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ. Paul wanted to win and he was a winner. He told Timothy, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing" (2 Timothy 4:7-8). Someone said that Jesus defeated Satan with two sticks and three nails. And John said, "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death"(Revelation 12:11). And the writer of Hebrews tell us, "And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect" (Hebrews 11:32-40). Winners. All the way to the end. If you purpose in your heart to never quit, you will always be a winner.
Sing: O the road is hard but it’s not too long, and the enemy is near, but he’s not that strong. And I won’t turn back, Oh No! I won’t turn back now.
The mountain is high but it’s not too steep, and the battle is rough, but I'm not too weak. And I won’t turn back, Oh No! I won’t turn back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment