Sunday, August 8, 2010

2010 August 9 - Morning Manna

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)


Today's Morsel: Calvary is a portrait of true love. God Almighty willing to sacrifice His son for our sins. He that knew no sin, became sin for us. That's love. Paul said, "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:6-8). He said that God introduced His love to us. In other words, He showed us what true love really is. Dottie Rambo said, "He left the splendor of heaven, knowing His destiny was the lonely hill of Golgotha, there to lay down His life for me. If that isn't love, the ocean is dry, there's no stars in the sky, and the sparrow can't fly! If that isn't love, than heaven's a myth, there's no feeling like this, if that isn't love." If you really want to know what true love is, look to Calvary!

Sing: I'm not on an ego trip, I'm nothing on my own. I make mistakes and often slip, just common flesh and bone. But I'll prove someday, just what I say, I'm of a special kind, for when He was on the cross, I was on His mind!

Chorus: He knew me, yet He loved me; He who's glory makes the heavens shine. I'm so unworthy, of such mercy, yet when He was on the cross, I was on His mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment