These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full (John 15:11).
Today's Morsel: Jesus doesn't want His children to be sad or down trodden. He wants us to have joy, elation, and excitement all the time. Let me share with you some ways to add joy to your life:
1. For no reason at all, laugh. Laugh as loudly and as ridiculously as you can, using all of your lung capacity and body to do it.
2. Identify someone who needs help and give that help without sticking around to receive thanks.
3. Turn off the television and shut down the computer, and go sit and talk with family members or friends about what is happening in your life for at least half-an-hour.
4. Say silently, on the hour, every hour, "Almighty God, Creator of all things, I give my life to You. Lead me to peace, purpose, and Your joy."
5. Recall the songs that you loved, especially those from your childhood, and sing them with the same enthusiasm you had when you first got to know them.
6. In the middle of any rotten situation, think of at least three ways in which things could have been worse, and then rejoice that you have not suffered those further misfortunes.
As the apostle Paul states, "Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice" (Philippians 4:4). Happiness always depends on circumstances. Joy depends on Jesus.
Sing: If you're happy, and you know it, say Amen! Amen! If you're happy, and you know it, say Amen! Amen! When God's Spirit falls on you, makes you shout, "Hallelujah!" If you're happy and your know it, say Amen!