Friday, August 13, 2010

2010 August 13 - Morning Manna

A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps. (Proverbs 16:9)


Today's Morsel: As I travel, I noticed that there are also many others on the roads going someplace. I often wonder and ask myself just where all these people may be going? Maybe they are asking themselves the same question. Solomon says that a man's heart (his thinking) plans, works out, develops, and formulates his course of life. In other words, how one thinks within himself will determine where he goes and how his life will end up. Solomon also said, "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death"(Proverbs 14:12). He said that the highway of the upright is to depart from evil (Proverbs 16:17). Whatever road you get on, you must make sure that it keeps you from evil and leads you to life. You must let your thoughts be pure, as pure thoughts are the ones that will lead you to eternal life. Even though a man's heart may plan and formulate his way, God directs his steps. The Lord said, I have set before you life and death, blessings and cursing, choose life that both you and your sons may live (wording mine). Where will you end up?

Sing: Order my steps in Your word, dear Lord, lead me, guide me every day, send Your anointing, Father I pray; order my steps in Your word, please, order my steps in Your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment